Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We're back in the high life again

Ahoy maties...


That's right I'm back.  I know everyone has been lost without my witty repartee... but I must say it has probably been for the best.  After getting laid off, i was (in keeping with my nautical themes) adrift without a rudder in a sea of... well you get the idea.


I figured it was best that the vibes I was feeling were best if not shared with the mighty interweb.  So... hows everyone doing?  That's good.  I'm fine.  Currently I am living in DC working as a Project Manager for L3 Communications.  But hey work is work.

So in bringing everyone back up to speed with training and such...  I have been training for the Philly Marathon.  This is going to be a tough one.  I've been hitting the roads hard and doing pretty well on staying on top of my run schedule (no matter what the surgeon general tells you... i have).

I fell off on the old weight watchers points system but I am still down on weight since a year ago, so I am going to get back on the horse and keep fighting the good fight.

In my time off I have learned some important life lessons... I will share them now because as saturday morning NBC taught us "The more you know..."

1)  Cartoons have been all down hill since the early 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
2)  Glee is never going to be manly, but it takes a man to admit he loves it.
3)  The movie "Drive" made my heart die a little... which is bad because of my previous heart attacks.
4)  "Money ball" ruled
5)  It should be child abuse to bring small children on airplanes.  That much ear pressure on a tiny head cannot be good.
6) The Surgeon general loves those MTV and E! reality shows.... haha
7)  Boones Farm wine is actually still awesome, but is only a prominent drink in Louisianna...
8)  Huff can take a slap to the face like a man.  (ask to see the video from the Hooks nuptials)

Last and certainly not least... Thinking about a new design for Team Silent Killers... suggestions welcome. 

Everyone have a great Tuesday... and enjoy your glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment