Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 4 of being back to action and things are going well!

I spent the day in Boston and the weather was beautiful. We drove around for a bit and enjoyed the scenery. It's amazing how much has changed in just the 6 months that I have been gone. Somehow driving around downtown resulted in us finding our way over to Jamaica Plains for the Sam Adams brewery tour and then hung out at the Braintree Mall for a bit where I found a pair of sunglasses that actually look good on me! Unfortunately they are $180.00 and I just can't justify spending that kind of money for something I will most likely lose or drop off the side of a boat in the summer.


Work out:

Today's workout was the Cardio Recovery so it was all stretching and core stability exercises instead of a high energy workout, I was bored with it but I did notice that later in the day I was less sore than I had been for the past few days. I was nervous about sticking with the exercises while down in Boston but the great thing about Insanity is that you really do not need a lot of space. I was able to do the entire exercise in the bathroom without disturbing anyone or having to move furniture!

Meals:

For breakfast I made the omelet muffins from the recipe I found on the Paleo website. They were mediocre, nothing amazing. I made 8 muffins and we ate 4 of them this morning so I will have some tomorrow to heat up and I will get to see how they are the day after. If they are still good this will be a great solution to my laziness to making breakfast after working out. I'd make a pan full on Sunday night and have a grab-n-go meal for a few days!

The muffins consisted of egg, ham, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and onion. I forgot to add the salt and pepper and I really think that could've added to the taste to make them better. Another addition that I would add to the recipe next time I make them would be either almond milk or coconut milk for more flavor. Although they lacked a lot of flavor they did fill me up and held me over for many hours. My last note about the Omelet Muffin is that they did not remove from the pan very easy so I would try using the muffin liners instead of greasing the cups. 

While we were out and about for the day we didn't grab anything to eat. I was very proud of myself for not getting tempted to grab fast food! Once I started to feel hungry I stopped into CVS and bought a bag of almonds to hold me over until we got home to make dinner.

For dinner I made the Apple Glazed Turkey recipe (again from the Paleo site). I would say this was more work than it was actually worth. I'm not a huge turkey fan so I would try this again with Chicken but overall it was a lot of work for not a lot of flavor. I made the turkey and had a side of fresh green beans that I steamed and seasoned with some mrs. dash.

Even though both recipes left me wishing for more flavor they were both filling and I did not end the day craving more food. I am going to bed feeling healthy and happy with my choices rather than full of greasy food that I regret eating so I can't really complain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment