Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello crew - sorry about the lack of posting... I hit a little bit of a wall -- 

The original plan was to head back up in the late afternoon or right after dinner on Friday night but that did not go as expected. I found out one of my friends was playing a show with his Jazz band in Providence so instead of heading up to NH I did the exact opposite and headed down to Providence. On the way down we stopped at Patriots place and caught the 4:30 showing of Gangster squad. I really enjoyed the movie but I'll let Rated D give you the details about that. 

We then continued to Providence and grabbed dinner and a show at Roi in Providence. They were doing 2 sets but since I had to work at Waterville on Sunday we only stayed for the first one. Things would've worked out perfectly if we didn't return to a dead battery in the car. With that said we didn't get back to Boston until 1am so driving to NH was out of the picture. I went right to bed and woke up at 4:30am to be on the road at 5am straight up to the mountain... I. felt. like. crap!! 

My boss asked who wanted to be cut first so I took him up on the offer to get out early. I had every intention of doing Insanity but the exhaustion got the best of me and I fell asleep around 5:30pm on Saturday and woke up at 6:30am on Sunday. I did wake up on 3 separate occasions -- for a phone call, to drink some water and eat something, and then to moved myself into my bed room... I definitely slept the better part of 12 hours. Hey, at least I wasn't sitting at home bored on a Saturday night, right?!?!

Morale of this post - always listen to your body... if it says it needs sleep, just sleep. Don't try to push a weak body or you'll just strain a muscle or something worse and instead of skipping 1 day of working out you'll find yourself on the DL with for many days. 

Workout(s):

Friday - I woke up at 7:45am out of habit so I decided to get up and get exercising out of the way early. It was the Pure Cardio workout and it kicked my butt!! After the boring recovery day on Thursday I liked it. I was dripping with sweat and felt great at the end of it!

Saturday - turned into my off day, which will usually be on Sundays

Sunday - I took on the Saturday's exercise to stay on schedule for Monday. It was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, the same workout from Tuesday. This was the first repeat workout and I don't know if it is because my body is getting stronger, or because I knew the exercises already, or because I was so well rested but I FELT GREAT! I didn't take as many breaks, my endurance was up, and my recovery during the water breaks was way better. 

Meals:

Friday - I heated up the omelet muffins that I made on Thursday. They were still good which is exciting, I will make a few of those on sunday and Tuesday nights and then I'll have grab and go breakfasts for the week! For lunch I made the Gluten Free muffin pizzas. I made them in regular muffin cups instead of mini muffin cups and they came out really good. 2 muffins made my lunch and they were very filling with plenty of flavor. I also like that you can play with the meat that you choose to use. I chose to use ham since I had it on hand form the Omelet muffins. 

Saturday - I didn't feel well all day so I didn't really eat. I couldn't eat on the ride up to NH since I had an upset stomach from lack of sleep. At lunch I had a grilled cheese at the mountain and then when I woke up from my slumber for water I had a Thomas sandwich thin with a tiny bit of almond butter. Nothing too exciting just tried to keep it light since I wasn't getting a workout in.

Sunday - I grabbed a cliff bar on my ride up to the mountain for breakfast. I skipped lunch since I was let out early and wasn't very hungry. For a late lunch/early dinner I am going to have the 2 leftover pizza muffins and then head over to watch the Patriots (P-A-T-S, PATS! PATS! PATS!) on campus with some co-workers. 

Mini Goals:

I succeeded with the mini goals of cooking each of those new recipes. Before the pats game I will check out some more sites and Pinterest to see if I can find some more for this week! 

I also completed my mini goal of drinking 32-oz. of water each day. As for the Grand Goal I completed it on Friday and I am on my way to completing it today, I've already drank 32-oz. I'll have 32 during dinner and then 32 during the Patriots game. I am only letting myself drink a Hard Cider during the Pats if I drink all 96-oz!

1 comment:

  1. What is the red stuff in the bowl and are those the pizzas or omelets?

    ReplyDelete