Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chief of Staff a.k.a. Cos (get it - because I live with a bunch of MIT students)

Hello All!

Here is my debut post and I am very excited about it. (1) It gets me super motivated (2) I've been jealous of Erika and Ryan all day long (3) It's the perfect reason to procrastinate from the 3 page paper I'm suppose to be writing about community colleges.

Today was a very productive day! I started off the day feeling well rested. I then headed over to Suffolk to facilitate my Student Worker Training that I do at the beginning of each semester.
The students were great and cooperative which really made my day. I think it is going to be a great semester with this staff!

Next up I got to read the weekly check ins for most of Team Silent Killers' first week of the 500 Challenge.

I then headed out into the bitter cold to walk over to the YMCA on Huntington Ave. I found out over the weekend that they had a pool and that sold me given that I'm two weeks away from hard core tri-training. The staff was really friendly and although the building is dated the equipment is pretty standard and everything I need to be successful. My tour guide Pat was very helpful... I was hooked. The front desk staff hooked me up with a special college deal which is making my membership cheaper then I expected!!

By the time I was done with registering the gym was only open for another 30 minutes so I had to choose between running or swimming. I figured I might as well dive right into this training (see what I did there?). I bought my swimming cap and put on the suit and headed to the pool. The only down fall was that I didn't have goggles. I am officially embarrassed to see that life guard again because apparently without opening your eyes under water results in me swimming into the divider and the wall.... multiple times. But on the bright side next time I go back I'll look 100% improved.

After the gym I got into the Northeastern State of Mind and crossed through their campus (lovely place) to make the walk home a little quicker. I got lost so the was unsuccessful but hey it's 14 degrees in Boston, nothing to complain about right Gorillas? When I got home I read the rest of the Team Silent Killers weekly updates and gave my feed back. To my delight Mean Girls (one of my favorite movies) was on ABC Family!!

Welp ~ now I'm going to finally get started on this paper, wonder how many showers it actually takes to get the smell of chlorine out of my skin, sit back, and enjoy the 4th quarter of what the Jets and Steelers are calling a football game. Wish it was the Pats.... But hey - at least I can focus more on the commercials during the Superbowl! Goals are soon to come :o)

Let me leave you with the inspirational words of Mean Girls: "
Calling somebody else fat won’t make you any skinnier, calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter...All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.”

ON THE SIDE - THE DIET UPDATE
Breakfast: Crunchy Peanut Butter Cliff Bar, 20 oz. Diet Coke
Lunch: 2 pieces of pizza, 16 oz Ginger Ale
Dinner: 16 oz. glass of fat free milk,
Lean Cuisine, Dinner Cuisine - Grilled Chicken and Penne Pasta. comes with a Caramel Apple Dessert. DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment