Monday, January 24, 2011

Paying it forward

Morning everyone,

Another chilly day here in Philly.  The wind is blowing and its about 23 degrees.  Luckily I have an office to hang out in. Ha.

Thanks again to everyone for all the week 1 updates.  Keep up the hard work and keep us posted on your progress.

I hit my work out hard yesterday.  I did some different push up styles to mix it up and my triceps are killing me.  I also ran a timed mile.  It was the hardest I could run, but it was a slight increase in tempo from my normal jog.  I made 1 mile in 8 min 30 sec.  Obviously not olympic style, but hey this is a lot of man meat to be dragging around... so I am happy for now.  My long term goal is that by losing weight and staying on the training that I'll eventually be able to get a 1 mile time 8 min or less.  Thats me for yesterday.  I'll be back later with today's workout update. 

Ok... so here is my interesting tale for the morning.  For everybody that has been following along I wrote a blog a few days ago about how just mentioning your active interest in fitness, it inspires others to do more. I ran late for work today because of an accident on the highway.  By the time I got to the office the staffers had already got their coffee and started their computers and were chit chatting.  When I walked in I realized they were all talking about how they are starting diets and one of the girls got her sister to go work out this past weekend.

I popped my head in to tell them about the fish I made the night before and they all said, "After talking about you and your family working out I figured I should get back into it."  I was shocked. 

Moral of the story is just be us doing our little fitness thing, we've made at least 3 other people take a step in that direction.  Keep paying it forward.  Right Life Coach???

No comments:

Post a Comment