Monday, June 6, 2011

Motivational Monday - T minus 6 days

Good Evening there to all the Dooley Noted Nation,

As we enter the final week of training for my inaugural triathlon I found an appropriate "motivational monday" poster. 

I saw this on a T-shirt in disney and I loved it.  I didn't get it then because... well not to be cheap... but everything there was like a 400% mark up.  I mean c'mon.  So anyways here it is.  (technical difficulties forced me to forego the image... below is the quote)

"The miracle isn't that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

As most of you know I have a real drive to get a few things done before 12/03/2011.  Otherwise known as my 30th birthday.  I really want to get a few tri's, half marathons, etc. under my belt, so as I roll on into my 30's I am in better shape than when I was 23.  It's a worth goal (in my opinion)... so that is where we are at. 

As far as training goes... I work hard this weekend, thanks to the surgeon general's cameo appearance here on the training circuit.  I am sure I pumped my work out up a little to show off, but hey... it worked.  Anyways, I am not at all nervous for the upcoming event.  I feel pretty healthy.  All MD's on staff are green lighting my status and I am showing signs of improvement across the board.  (health, weight, attitude)  All is well.

Last piece of this puzzle is to show up and get to work.  Another favorite quote of mine comes from the book/movie "we were soldiers"...  "Alright, lets do what we came here to do" - Lt. Col. Hal Moore

So everybody enjoy your week.  Get out there and git some fitness in you.  Me and Tomshop41 will be hitting this thing with everything we've got... As a side note I have also deemed that "triathlon shape" will now be constituted by "fat, untanned, whiter than white guys".  Just keep that in mind when you see the pictures... and if all goes well hopefully a video diary... Think Jersey Shore style... with less scumbags.

Enjoy folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment