Monday, November 19, 2012

Its on, like Donkey Kong, in a thong, eating wontons

Hello everybody... I am living in a paleo world and I am a paleo girl.


So this is one of those "no news is good news" scenarios.  I say that because there is nothing of note to review today but I stay paleo strong.

First order of business... One of my friends has a great blog about healthy living and I highly recommend it.  So check out Carrots n cake.  Read now thank me later.

Work went well, then a trip off to 781 for a crossfitting, then pick up the dry cleaning, then a haircut, and finally dinner. 

I know... I am as bored with it as you guys are.  So I'll have to dig a little deeper and get a little philosophical.

The WOD (work out of the day) was 5 rounds of 200 meter run, 10 overhead squats, and 12 ring rows... I'll spare everyone the details on those exercises, since we all can google our brains out if you're that interested.

It was a kicker of a WOD and I am glad that I kicked the week off with a solid work out.  Yesterday the Surgeon General and I both hit the wall, figuratively.  We both just plain ran out of gas.  We were exhausted to the point that we were out cold on the couch at about 3 pm.  We only got up to move from the couches to the bedroom.

I am self diagnosing this as the inevitable bottoming out of our systems due to the lack of sugar and carbohydrates in our system.  THANK YOU PALEO... and I am not sure if that was sarcastic or not... so lets just roll with it.

The good thing is that it is a sign that are bodies are kicking over to fat burning mode and this should yield dividends in the weight loss department.  Downside is that we both felt like walking corpses.  I have heard this phenomenom referred to as the "Paleo Flu", and brother they weren't kidding. 

Anyways... we are both staying paleo strong, with no deviations except during Paleo Turkey day when we indulged in Red Wine, Cider, and a couple of not quite paleo appetizers. Still no carbs though and that was the impressive part.

So the week marches on and we are bearing down on official Thanksgiving.  I will divulge now that I am taking a one day amnesty from Paleo on Thanksgiving.  All bets are off on Thursday...  I wont go crazy... at least I don't intend to, but its on, like Donkey Kong, in a thong.

No comments:

Post a Comment