Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The clean and jerk's mentally challenged cousin

Paleo day 9....   Actually feeling pretty good today...

Kicked off the day with a fruit smoothie.  Almond milk, which apparently isn't actually milk... and I've found that if you don't immediately recognize what something is made of, you should probably not dig to deep and just roll with it.  So, Almond milk, blueberries, strawberries, a banana and then some almonds. 

I've been informed that almonds are a solid protein source... and who am I to argue with a straight protein injection. (cue the perverse jokes, but my grandmother reads this... so I am gonna press on.)

Lunch was a salad, and those bastards gave me a pita bread.  I have dodged pizzas and five guys and all manner of sub sandwiches.  Those monkeys had the nerve to throw a pita bread in my face.  Nothing like test of character in the middle of the day.  Not to fear Dooley Noted nation... I stayed Paleo strong.   It sucks.

Dinner was  a feast!  The surgeon general put together quite a spread.  Steak Tips, booyah.  Cauliflower mashed (potato substitute).  Asparagus and beans.  The whole thing was actually pretty terrific.  I am stuffed.

Aside from the food, the work out was another good one.  It was a strength day so... Once again there I was flopping around like a monkey having a seizure.  I am crap when it comes to clean and jerks, snatches, and basically any of the olympic lifting stuff.  Frankly, I do it.  I have to describe it as the "clean and jerk's mentally challenged cousin"... It's in the family, but it's really F*cked up, and just aint quite right.

So.... what has two thumbs up and will be coming in during open gym to learn better technique.  (dramatic pause)  THIS GUY!


Anyways... The day was win overall and I am calling it.  I am heading to bed with the knowledge that I worked hard and ate well.  Frankly I don't know what else you can do.  Have a good night everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment