Thursday, May 1, 2014

Maytrition - day 1

What's up people...

Been having Trouble with a capital "T" and that rhymes with "V", which falls in the middle of the


word "over" and that is what this failed joke is...

For some reason the old ASUS computer has been acting up like it's 16 and pregnant... I mean not screaming, pierced, and generally a drain on society... but it would not boot up for like a day and a half.  So all in all, just as annoying.

So again, I must loop back to the adventures of Tuesday.  Again the working out process raged on... I hit the Box (Bayshore Crossfit) for a 9 am Wod (Workout of the day).  It was an absolute monster of a wod.  In addition the warm up was a killer with a 500 meter row, and 3 rounds of 10 toes to overhead with a 25 lb plate, 15 yard Overhead walking lunge, and 10 burpees.  As per usual it doesn't sound bad on paper, but it is an *ss kicker of a warm up.

We did some form and strength work on power cleans and jerks.  It was a great workout though that portion of the hour.  Totally had my blood pumping and I felt good. Then came the WOD... 5 rounds of 12 deadlifts, 9 hanging cleans, and 6 push jerks...  you know when you feel your pulse in your eyeballs.. that's how you know you're dying.

I whine about this, but I can tell you the honest truth on this from my POV...  It's great.  I mean in the moment it sucks, but it really validates everything I do for the rest of the day.  Also, once you've rested and hydrated, and stopped cursing... you do feel great.  So despite my bitching and moaning... i'll be back.

Wednesday - yesterday was a much needed rest day.  Usually I'm a little antsy on the rest days because I want to do something, but not this one.   I absolutely needed a pure no stress rest day.  Greatest part about the day....  I accidentally put all but one of my suits in the dry cleaner, not realizing that I had to go to a funeral.  I wouldn't wear jeans to that type of thing, so I dusted off an older suit that hasn't fit right in a while. 

Tadaaaaa..... the suit fit.  Not going to lie, it was a little snug, but not prohibitively so...  This is a huge step forward.  I have not seen a lot of numerical weight loss on the scale, but I have noticed some physique change and I've been feeling great...  This was, however, the first tangible sign that my weight loss goals are coming closer.  I'm am fired up and ready to get back at it today.

Today is May 1st and it kicks off a healthy eating challenge.  I'll be hitting an afternoon class today to get the full run down on the challenge... I am fired up and ready to get at this.  I have a wedding to attend on May 25... so just under 4 weeks...  big push time. 

I'll check back in later.... provided the ASUS cooperates... and update everyone on the challenge.

Stay Thirsty my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment