Friday, February 20, 2015

13.1 and parallels to Spartacus... its what i do.

Sup Sup...

Dude... that was a hell of a WOD.  We did the 13.1 wod which is essentially an ass beating courtesy of Burpees and Snatch. 

Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 17 minutes of:
40 Burpees
30 Snatch (75/45)

30 Burpees
30 Snatch (135/75)
20 Burpees
30 Snatch (165/100)
10 burpees
Snatch (210120) as many reps as possible





That sucked... I got 125 reps Rx... which I am pleased with, but it took like 20 minutes to suck enough air to feel comfortable getting behind the wheel. 

So... as I sauntered about Crossfit Subdued today, I couldn't help but draw the analogies to the show Spartacus (starz/Netflix)... 4 seasons available  on Netflix right now.  watch it!

So Spartacus (coach Chris) is recruited into service as the champion of the ludus (Bayshore)... Over time he revolts and then leads the slave rebellion.  Marching his minions into the shadows of Pompeii (Randolph).... where they free others and dispense violence in the form of WODs... i'm telling you this show is amazing... lot of parallels.

I like to think of myself as Ganacus.  former champion turned drunken fool.  Still got skills and a moral code but likes a good bender.... and slave girls just falling all over him....

Doctorae is obviously all our coaches.... beating us with whips during raging training sessions... and anytime you get an idea that you're on their level, they just smoke you like it's no thing...

I've debated a bit on this, but I think crixus is my Bosnian brother.... crazy champ style athlete... with a lady (edita/navia) that also will beat you up and down the WOD....

I'm still working on the other characters, but i'm open to suggestions. 

Lemme know and hey... have a happy Friday to all the slaves and romans.

No comments:

Post a Comment